Thursday, May 28, 2009

Water feature











The round-about near our house has a new addition- a water feature. Surely not? Melbourne is on water restrictions. But no it isn't one of the councils mad schemes, it seems a pipe has burst. It is hard to take a good photo but the little bubbling fountain has actually gone down since we first noticed it this morning. Unfortunately I think that is because the road is lifting and letting the water flow out other ways. It's going to be a big job. I am feeling sad. I am really careful with our precious resource. Looking after and appreciating every drop. It is sad to have so much pouring down the drain. I hope the water people get here soon.
I have filled the kettle and a couple of pots but am in the middle of a wet felting frenzy at the moment. (Because it is raining and will take ages to dry- the logic huh?) Now I am expecting the water to be cut off while they fix it. I can't decide if I should start given I may be interrupted. Luckily I still have lots of other things to be getting on with.

No comments: