Monday, May 4, 2009

Princess visit

Can you see the shape of New Zealand in this picture, my friend Mandy took this photo, it cracks me up. It is just how it landed, no rearranging at all.

And now just one more sleep till Princess Mandy comes to visit. If you see a couple or three friends about town, dressed a little over the top, drinking far to much coffee and telling stories with lots of gestures and laughing, that will be us. Oh how will I sleep? it feels like Christmas (including having jobs undone on my list before the deadline).
Also I went to the talk by jeweller Vicki Mason tonight, love her work and so much to think about, about her work, about mine, about the journey of creating, of putting your work out there, of balancing commercial and creative, and creating in a new land, about themes and new techniques. More than I can write tonight, might be interesting to explore a bit more some time though.

Not sure how much time I will have to post between coffees but hope that you take the time to enter my giveaway I have been getting comments from lots of lovely people every time I wear one of my new brooches, such a lovely way to collect compliments.

1 comment:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Corn maps! Now that's something different.

The Vicki Mason talk sounds really interesting. Wish I'd gone.

Have a fab time hanging out with your girlfriends.