Sunday, May 3, 2009

Exhibitions: visiting one and working towards one

If you haven't made plans for this afternoon yet, consider popping down to Malvern (if ya live in Melbourne) to the TAG Fabricate exhibition. It is the last day today so I finally got my a* into gear and got there. The exhibition organised by the TAG branch of the embroiderers guild features the work of 6 textile artists. My favourites were the felt works by Karoliina Arvilommi and the dolls by Jennifer Gould. It was inspiring and I also had a lovely chat to Bernadette and Dinnie. They will even offer you a cuppa tea if you have had to travel across the city. So inspiration and a cuppa. It was a great way to start my Sunday. Plan on using the inspiration I have gathered from yesterdays trip and this mornings visit in my play space for the rest of the day as I get into the final run towards my exhibition in Christchurch in July. argh I have been pretending it is ages away till now but can no longer deny that time just keeps on rolling along.

BTW the guild have a talk on tomorrow night $5 for a talk by Vicki Mason a NZ jeweller now based in Melbourne. I will also be having a browse thru the guild library, it is pretty comprehensive. Wanna meet me there?

No comments: